Not only does massage feel fantastic, studies have proven that massage has a range of healing properties and can help to relieve a variety of conditions. Massage is the practice of a trained masseuse kneading and manipulating muscles and other soft tissues to restore mobility and reduce pain.Being perhaps one of the oldest healing traditions, evidence has shown that massage techniques were used by Ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Chinese and Indians to treat a variety of ailments. Techniques including; rubbing, applying pressure and manipulating muscles, ligaments, tendons and faschia to stimulate blood flow and release tension.
Why Have a Massage?
Massage has a range of health benefits and restorative qualities and can even help treat a range of disorders. Make sure you discuss your needs with a qualified masseuse to get the right type of massage.
- Release tension and ease muscle pain
- Soothe anxiety and depression
- Encourage a restful sleep
- Boost immune function
- Relieve headaches
- Improve circulation
- Stimulate the lymphatic system
- Increase joint mobility and flexibility
- Break pain cycles
- Manage acute back pain
- Ease the symptoms of chronic disease
Massage is effective at breaking the pattern of pain caused by tension headaches and poor posture. A tension headache can cause the person to clench a muscle even harder, which in turn causes even more pain. Poor posture puts muscles in a constant tight state, which can cause chronic pain if never addressed. Massage can help break these pain cycles, allowing you to move more freely.
Massage promotes the release of endorphins, thus instilling an instant feeling of deep relaxation and calm. This is beneficial for everyone but especially those who have a high level of the stress hormone cortisol or those who suffer from anxiety and/or depression.
Types of Massage
The massage you choose depends on your required outcome. For example; do you want to just de-stress and relax, or do you want something that will penetrate deep and release tension? Do you have a chronic condition or maybe a sports injury? There are many types of massages that are tailored for different outcomes.
- Remedial massage. This type of massage will help to treat and rehabilitate the signs of a biomechanical dysfunction or injury. It will remove blockages, assist recovery and encourage healing.
- Deep tissue. Will release chronic tension patterns and relieve strain injuries. Great to maintain and restore function of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and faschia.
- Therapeutic/Swedish massage. Designed to promote relaxation and reduce stress, the Swedish massage will also relieve tension and promote circulation.
- Aromatherapy massage. Depending on your needs, essential oils will be blended together to give a restorative effect. Choose from relaxing, enlivening, muscular and jet-lag blends.
- Shiatsu/Thai massage. Adapted from traditional Thai methods, Thai massage involves gentle pressure on the energy lines and yoga like stretches to relieve deep tension.
Contact the highly trained team on 02 9273 8808 to book in for your specialist massage.